2011

2011

In 2011 the rooms of the museum were officially opened. Since then, it is the Seat of the Women’s Museum, and also of IAWM (International Association of Women’s Museums).

2010

2010

In 2010, the two upper floors were adapted for the Women’s Museum and rented by the Municipality of Merano for the museum.

1923

1923

In 1923 the Spar- und Vorschusskasse acquired the building. It was the predecessor of today’s Volksbank which still occupies the lower part of the building. The frescoes of the church were documented, partially removed and reapplied in the cloister.

1782

1782

In 1782 Emperor Joseph II closed down many monasteries. The Poor Clares had to leave their religious domicile.

1309

1309

In 1309 the Monastery of the Poor Clares was built in the Meraner Kornplatz by Archduchess Euphemia. For 500 years this foundation shaped the city of Merano. In addition to the church of St. Nikolaus, the church of the monastery Continue reading